Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Is it Friday yet???

I mean seriously?? UGH.

First I want to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has emailed/commented to me about my grama. Your kind words mean more than you know!! The hospice nurse thought that grama would pass away today...but she held on. A harpist came in late morning and played for her. My mom said that she could see her relax but she still wasn't ready to let go. Talked to my grampa and found out something I never knew....that my uncle Rory was grama's favorite...her pet, as grampa called him. He thought that she was holding on for him to come say goodbye...and today he did. Makes me cry some more...now that I know about my grama's special bond with her son, that he arrived at 2:15 this afternoon and left at 4pm. He didn't even spend 2 hours with her. It just makes me sad. But...I'm no one to judge as I'm not there either. My mom is staying by her side again tonight...she says that if grama passes away she doesn't want her to be alone. This is so hard.

Auston woke up this morning....ran into my bathroom crying, and instantly threw up. He insisted on going to school though as his mom is mean and makes him stay in bed all day without any fun if he's sick. :) Got to work at 8:30 and at 9:00 I had a phone call from the school...apparently he didn't quite make it to the restroom. So off I trek back to Creston to pick him up. At 11am he happily informed me he was much better and ready to go to school. *rolls eyes* School gets out at 11:45. :)

Soooo.....since I didn't bring home any work...I proceeded to get ready for the retreat. I started with my paper and picked photos to match. I know..totally backwards but I have so much paper I've never used....so thought maybe this would work??? I have, so far, 22 zippered baggies of paper, cardstock and matching photos. :) I only have a few bundles of photos left to baggie up and I'm done!! AND...through all of this I've decided I will PRINT out my photos right away instead of just dumping the memory card. That's another goal for the new year. I can't believe how many discs of photos I have that arent' scrapped. Now that makes me feel way behind!! So in the process I'm going through my paper, once again (remember I already unloaded 398 sheets!!) and will baggie up for the store garage sale. Then I have permission to buy some more. Alrighty...gonna finish picking up some stuff...tomorrow my truck will be loaded and ready to go. Cannot wait!

3 comments:

Chantel said...

Have a great time scrapping...

Chantel

Allison Cope said...

Hope you have a great time scrapping Jenn!

Hope you gramma is doing okay today! (((hugs)))

Lindsey said...

I feel so bad for you. I totally understand how you are feeling about your grandmother (even the part about not wanting to see her). I hope that she can find some peace and let go. Thank you so much for your sweet compliment. :)