Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 2...

of being unemployed. :) Day 1 was horrid...well not ALL of it but most of it was. I drop the kids off at school and come home and get to walk!! Yes...all my work that I did this last summer to lose weight...well my time off recovering from my shoulder surgery did NOT a thing for me. I gained 7 of my lost pounds back. UGH. So I need to start skipping the sweets again and get back on the walking wagon. Which I did. But DANG was it cold!! My chin was frozen and it hurt so bad...then it was numb and I couldn't feel a thing. :) I walked almost 2 miles...just back and forth on the patch of walking path that was dry and clear. This morning...I skipped the walking part...it was only 14 out and I wasn't that brave. :) So the rest of yesterday was spent at Walmart and Costco. I DETEST Walmart...it was pure torture. *sigh*

Today my mission was to clean the house. Well...I started on my oldest sons room. I rearranged it for him and ended up hauling out a 13gallon garbage bag full of paper! He's a paper collector!! I guess he comes by that naturally eh?? But seriously it was nuts. Then I got rid of another garbage bag of toys he hasn't played with in years. Of course he PROMISES to keep his room clean. We shall see.

SO some exciting news!! Finally get to reveal the Scrap Pack Retreat!! We are SOOOO excited to be offering this....because the Izaak Walton Inn is AMAZING and the time that I went (which I paid $250 for) it was awesome. They are so friendly..the accomodations are breathtaking and it was so nice and relaxing. So if you are curious...you can check it out HERE. Right on the front page. :) Cool huh. :)

Don't forget about the Design Team call. :) Loving everyone's entries and this is going to be a TOUGH decision. UGH.

Okay...we are actually going out tonight...we were invited to go get the best pizza in town...so how could we pass that up right?? Have a fantastic night ya'll!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear your bad news - hopefully won't be long until you find something.
Hope this cheers you up - i have alittle something on my blog for you, pop on over and collect it.
Take care

Calia Yang said...

I hope you are able to find a job soon. I know times are hard. You are very brave taking a walk in the cold. Here in atlanta, it's only mid 50's and i think it's cold! ^_^ i guess i'm blessed to be here and not feel the 14 degree weather. ^_^ keep warm! *hugs*

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi there, Jenn! Sounds like you've got tons of stuff going on. Some good.........and some not so good.
Hang in there!