Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bad Blogger!!!

So you are going to get an eye if you actually make it to the deserve a cookie or something. :) Here's a little bit from our weekend...

So we had a skiff of snow on Easter. It was COLD. We went to the park on Saturday and did the city Easter egg hunt. Auston just circles. Just ran. Totally happy just running around amongst the chaos...he picked up one egg and a couple candies and that was it. Mathew on the other hand was an egg collecting machine. We had heard that every hard boiled egg was worth a buck. He got SIXTEEN eggs. Then I overheard a parent say the BLUE eggs were worth a buck...and of course he didn't have one single blue egg. poor guy. I told them I would give them some money for their eggs...he was pretty devastated because he took that egg hunting very seriously.

Friday my grampa was there and we spent the day with him. Boy the older he gets the WORSE he gets. He gave me grief about getting a new camera stating that I really don't NEED it. *sigh* But a year ago I would have been in tears (as sometimes he's just not nice) but now I've realized that's just my grampa and I need to just let it go in one ear and out the other. So that's what I did. We (mom, grampa and I) went to the Ag Days in had to sign up for was hilarious as she would whisper...Jennifer..come here...sign up and get your free stuff. I can now say I'm the proud owner of a 8" level and a magnetic clip, I'm one lucky girl. :) Grampa and I sure harassed was fun. :) Oh and that morning we dyed our mom always has a new and different way of doing the eggs and it's always fun to see what she comes up with. I think it's kinda her little tradition for the boys. This year they 'spun' the dye on!! And yes..I actually did already scrap those photos..amazing huh?? :) That's my mom in the picture with the boys.

After that we went and picked up Gunner who finally got his 'nards' cut out (as the boys say). Can you believe that here they quoted me $280 and with my parents' vet it was a total of $125 which included all his one year shots and rabies shot?? Isn't that INSANE?? EEEK.

Friday afternoon a gal came by with a delivery for the boys. My mom got them each a pure white miniature mule. :) They were actually pretty cute. But they had been penned up in a tiny little corral with 3 horses so they were totally getting beat up. They had huge patches of hair missing and were just filthy. The corral we put them in is pretty large and for the rest of the afternoon they just ran. So Saturday my brother and I got halters on them and brushed them down..and fiddled with them a bit. They hadn't been touched in over a year so the boys didn't get to do much more than pet a little bit and watch them. I'm hoping that they settle down enough that they will be good for the boys when we go home.

And I raked. Everytime I go home I always feel so dang lazy so this time I vowed I would do something. So I pooper scoopered and filled up a bag and realized that it probably hasn't been done in years...I know...ick. So I just started raking up that portion of the yard which also consisted of a trillion 'dinosaur bones.' (rib bones, tbones etc...that the cats/dogs get from leftovers...Auston calls them dinosaur bones and usually has to collect a bucket full and bring home!). My brother actually helped me was a miracle. I think mom almost had a heart attack when she leaned over the deck and saw us BOTH working. *giggle* And needless to say...every fiber in my body ached on Sunday.

Oh and Sunday I also got a cold. YIPPEE!! I feel like crapola! I have a sore throat...and of course when I cough because I'm still sore...even my chickenbones are sore. (chickenbones are armpits..just fyi!). And I am typing this all at 3:33am...I've actually been at work for an hour as I couldn't sleep. I feel like crud and my husband was gurgling snot which makes me gag (he snores bad!) so I thought I might as well just come in.

And my dad had two little containers full of pictures and whatnot of him when he was a kid. My grama actually saved the newspaper clipping announcing HIS birth!! It was pretty cool...and to see ALL the ribbons he won for track. My dad was a trackstar!! He took 3rd in state for the polevault!! His letter was filled with was so cool and made my H look puny. :) There was also this book about Montana and in it a page was marked. The picture is AMAZING (I'm scrappin' it soon so be on the lookout!!). This cowboy is sitting on his horse...his one leg over the saddle horn...just gazing out below (he's kinda sitting on a ridge)...and there are TONS of cows. It gives me tingles it's the coolest dang picture! Well it's my great grampa!! Of course...I never knew him as he passed before my parents were married but's VERY cool. So I'm really excited to start working on some more heritage which is perfect actually because the April Sweet Pea kit is TOTAL's so freaking cool!!

Ready for the weekend already. And it's only Wednesday. Need to go get gas today...boy it doesn't take long...although this is still gas from Sunday so that's not too bad I spose.

I'm SO rambling. Friday Mathew has a field trip and I had asked him if he wanted me to go with him...he mom, I'd really like dad to go. (it's going to a gravel/asphalt plant...both of which Shawn worked for). So I asked Shawn and he's taking the morning off to go with Mathew. I'm SO excited because it's just neat that he's finally at a stage where he'll take the time to spend with his kids. 3 years way it wouldn't have happened!! Sometimes I'm still amazed with how much our lives have changed!! I'm hoping Shawn will take I'm going to send my camera with him..just in case. :) That would be really neat.

Saturday we are taking the boys to Lawrence Park....where they have the soccer they can fly their kites they got from the 'Easter bunny' aka grama. They are super excited...I'll make sure to take some pictures. We are doing it as a family so that will be fun. Then I work at the scrapbook store on Saturday night from 4-midnight. And next weekend...cannot WAIT for next weekend!! It's my 3 day scrap retreat! I'll work until about noon on Friday and then will be there until Sunday around noonish or so I spose. NO phone service and no phones in the hotel rooms!! Or TV. Deanna and I are going to go for a hike everyday...she's SO outdoorsey..and I have always wanted to hike the trails and such in the mountains but Shawn never would go with that will be fun. And now that Deanna and I are becoming such good friends....they are moving back to Msla as her husband just got a job. My luck right?? First my friend Heather moves to Miles City and now Deanna. And Deanna and I have only been hanging out since probably this year. I'm going to be friendless's SO hard for me to find a good friend....why am I so dang antisocial??

Okay...I better get my rear to work since I am here and need to get caught up. I got behind again and inventory is the 3rd week in april so I have lots to do. And go grab that deserve it!!

1 comment:

ALLY said...

Wow! You've been a busy girl! Sounds like your Easter weekend was a good one... too bad about the blue eggs! I hope you're feeling better! Sucks being sick! Love your egg page! Take care!