Wednesday, September 10, 2008

sick and tired...

no really...literally. I'm SOOOO sleepy. This etsy thing is kicking my butt...I'm totally obsessed with it. I stayed up until 11pm creating THESE things here. Geesh. Ridiculous I tell ya. And I'm sick....third day of a sore throat but today my head was dizzy and my tummy yukky. I honestly think I might not go to work tomorrow. :( I might just take the boys to school and come home and go back to bed. I hate being sick...I'm the biggest baby in the world when I'm not feeling well. And if you don't believe me...ask my husband. :)

So speaking of...he should be home tonight...sometime. Then he's off again for hunting camp. It's funny how Mathew's internal clock works. He seems to know when his daddy is gone and when I wake up I have this little ball of heat laying in Shawn's place. We've never let our kids sleep with us so I'm not sure why he always tends to do this when Shawn is gone...but he does. It never fails. :) Oh and remember how I was telling you all about Mathew's sudden change in behavior? Well the devil spawn has rehatched...he told me he hated me THREE times tonight. *sigh* I just hugged him tonight and told him that tomorrow is a new day...a fresh start and we can choose to begin it however we want. He said he wanted to have a good day...so let's hope. And Auston...well I got a call from the teacher. She just raves about how SWEET Auston is..how he is such a good kid...BUT...today he was distracting...she said she had to stop teaching about 15 times today to redirect Auston. She said that as soon as she would touch his arm or whisper in his ear he would look at her with those dark brown eyes and then automatically apologize. She told me that she knows he's not doing any of that on purpose...he just gets into his own little world. She also pointed out that he's very remorseful...which was nice to hear because that's the exact word I use to describe him. But I'm loving her already...she, like myself, does not want to medicate him at this age (I'm 99.9% sure he's ADHD as well) that we are going to try to work on things outside of that. What a blessing!! We just have to figure out how we are going to get him to learn and understand when he is losing that focus...do you think maybe it's trainable?? So we are going to start a new thing...a reward at home for his good (we call them stellar) days at school. She's going to send home a piece of paper with a thumbs up or thumbs down for both morning and afternoon. I'll chat with her more on how we are going to go about it. But the best thing is..she honestly and truly cares and wants what is best for him. I've had the BEST teachers at this school...which makes it worth the 40 miles of driving a day. :)

Okay...like I said..I'm sick and tired..and going to bed. Check back in though as Sunday I will be starting a new challenge/giveaway something or other...haven't quite figured it out yet though. :)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

There must be something going around! I have had a sore throat and yucky tummy for a couple days! Hope you feel better....the weekend is coming!

Vivian said...

Oh Jenn, that's yucky!! Feel better soon!!

Kim Sonksen said...

I love how the teacher is working WITH you to get Auston to focus. Like you said, it may be possible to "train" him without any medication. How cool would that be!

get betetr soon dude, your Etsy needs more of your yummy stuff

wiregems said...

I read this post at just the right time. Not 15 minutes ago I opened an email from my 8-year-old son's teacher, saying that he had gotten his name written on the board AND a check mark next to it (that's being naughty TWICE) for talking at inappropriate times today. Your story about your son's "mind wandering" reminds me very much of how my son is. He tends to lose focus pretty quickly. This is only the first time so far this year (4th week of school), which is already way better than the end of last year. So I'd have to say Yes it is possible to "train" them without medication. (Ricky will have no playing outside with friends this afternoon, and no TV this evening. I take away things he likes, he tends to "focus" better!)