Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tonight...

has been one of tears. I know ya'll are wondering what I can possibly be crying about NOW. Good grief you would think that's all I do. But I just miss her. I STILL miss her. I keep wondering when it's going to get easier....then I think that it's been 6 years since my grampa Foran passed away and 4 since my great aunt Ethel passed away and I STILL miss them too. So I know that it'll take more years yet to dampen the emptiness I feel inside...when I long to just hug my grama....to hear her voice....to smell her fresh baked buns...to have her make me sugar toast cut into 4 sections.

The boys and I just got home from dropping off a rented movie and on the drive home I thought of her. It's weird how I think of her at the most unusual times. And I thought about being at the cemetary and my cousin Ryan and I just hugging each other...feeling each other's grief. When we turned around....everyone was already around the gravesite...and were waiting for us to join them to begin the service. Then it makes me realize I really need to keep in touch with my cousin...because through him we can share so many stories. Boy did she look after us and keep us from getting into more trouble than we should have gotten in to!!

Okay...I must stop. My eyes hurt and my throat aches. It's been 6 months...and I know that it WILL get better...as time goes on.

In happier news...if you get this far anyway!! Our little deal today went super!! Kara and I had a lovely table displayed...there wasn't a TON of traffic but the few people that we saw were super excited about what we are going to be doing!! And now I can probably clue you all in on the news that I WAS SO EXCITED TO SHARE!! Ben Franklin is sponsoring us for the Scrappers Club! The first Saturday of every month we will be getting together at the Whitefish Mountain Mall...we even have an empty store at our use!! We both will be offering classes from 10am until whenever...then from about 4-midnight we'll have Girls Night Out....a free open crop for those who just want to come hang out!! We will be having giveaways...and games...and its' going to be SO MUCH FUN!! We are really excited about getting the ball rolling. :) November 1st is going to be our first class/crop day...so if you are in the Flathead Valley and want more information...just contact me. :)

Okay..gotta get to bed..I'm going to feel like a truck ran over me, in the morning!!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I am sorry you are still hurting Jenn! I doubt it will ever get easier really. I think there will always be times you think of her and long to have her back.

Hope everything else is good! Excited for the new crops and stuff....umm thats if I ever scrap again, haha.

Jenny B in Indy said...

Congrats on your news and HUGS about your Gram.

Wish I were in that area, I'd come crop with you!

Missy said...

I'm sorry you're so sad, Buddy. Wish I could give ya a big ole hug! :) At least they are good memories....

And I'm so glad your thing went well! Whooo hooo! I'm happy for you...maybe a turning point on the happy-meter?!?!?

Vivian said...

Oh I so wish I could come crop with you!!!!

So sorry about your Gran; I totally get it - I miss my Beppe too and it's been over 9 years since we lost her. HUGS & have a great week!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Jenn! So sorry about your pain and loss, girl! Totally understand!
But I'm so happy for you with your new venture! That sounds like a ton of fun. Wish I was there so I could join you.